December Favourites

It's a new year! 2014 is over and now we are as close to the year 2030 as we are to the year 2000...scary stuff, hey? So now comes the time of the month where I'm going to start doing regular monthly favourites, explaining what I've been loving over the past 30 or so days. 

Beauty

First thing that I adored over the past month was this Lancome lipstick in the shade Rouge Desir, which I can't actually find online anymore. I rediscovered this lipstick in my make-up box and fell in love with it all over again. The shade is a gorgeous rich red colour which a shimmer finish which almost appears golden in the light. It's got a creamy formula and stays on all day, and that packaging...beautiful. 
My mum actually recommended this product to me, and I think I might actually be using her bottle of it at the moment. This is Olay's Day UV Fluid and it contains pretty much everything your skin needs throughout the day. It feels quite thick when you apply it, but it absorbs really well and your skin immediately feels taken care of. I use this with my regular face products in the morning if I feel like my skin needs a little bit of TLC. 
I received this Avon Nail Selection box as a Secret Santa present from Lizzie, and I'm ashamed to say I think I actually squealed in excitement. As you can see, it comes with 12 full sized Nail Varnish's, my favourite of which are pictured below. I tend to play it pretty safe with nail varnish colours, sticking to reds and the occasional navy, but this is full of gorgeous shades (such as that stunning purple below) which might encourage me to be a bit braver with my nails. 

Music
I didn't really anticipate saying this but this last month I've kinda been really loving One Direction's new album, Four (if you follow me on twitter you'll know all about my new found love for these boys). Although I like pretty much every song on there, I've been loving four tracks in particular: Ready to Run, No Control, Stockholm Syndrome and Change Your Ticket. This album sounds a lot more mature than their other three, and although they still have their signature 'fun' tracks like Girl Almighty or Act my Age, overall there's a more calm and collected feel to it. They've been a lot more involved with the writing process this time, and recorded it whilst they were on tour for this last album and I dig it. Well done boys. 

 Another album I've adored over the past month (and actually since I saw them at Creation Fest in the summer) is Before There Was by Bellarive. I can't really describe their genre to you, except that it's kind of Christian 'indie-pop'. Calling on Fire, Bring Us back and Lazarus are my favourites from this album, and are all amazing songs. I'd really recommend seeing this band live if you can, their heart for serving is a rare gem in the music world and is something that is seen clearly in their performance. 

That's it for my favourites for last month. After a slight hiatus at the end of 2014, I'm back to regular posting with a proper schedule, and I hope to see you very soon!

Popular Posts