Soul Mates?

I don't believe in soul mates, per say. I believe that, out of the 7 billion people alive on the planet, there is one person for everyone. One person who will see you and think "I want to deal with their weirdness. I want to clear up the mess they make. I want to kiss away their mistakes." And maybe this person doesn't like the same 80's movies as you, and maybe they keep the ketchup in the cupboard instead of the fridge. Maybe they don't fall apart to the same song that you do. Maybe they don't even like dogs. But maybe, if they love you enough, and you love them enough, and the timing is right, it'll feel like a fresh air when they walk into your life. And maybe, if you both try hard enough, you'll both be 80, arguing over who shot first, Han or Greedo. Maybe, when both of you have lost your hair and most of your teeth and you have to repeat everything because they're half deaf, maybe that breath of fresh air will become a sigh of relief because you found them. You found someone who was crazy enough to love you and you were crazy enough to love them back. I don't think the key is to find someone who makes you happy, because your happiness is your own. I think it's about finding someone who you want to share your happiness with for the rest of your life. Maybe that's what a soul mate is. Maybe they do exist....

Popular Posts